Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yes, its Thanksgiving in Canada. Well, technically tomorrow is, but I'm cooking today...I figure I get a day to rest and recover before Wolf goes back to work!

Thanksgiving is one of those weird times of year for me. I live across country from my parents, grandmother and sibs. Wolf's mother is in another province (I count it as a blessing) and his bsibs are scattered. Its rare that we have company.

Unfortunately, for turkey buying purposes, I'm still mentally stuck in the 'feeding the hordes' mentality that I grew up with my mother doing.

I was at butterball.ca last night. Needed to find out how long to cook the turkey today.

They also have this nifty thing where you put in the number of guests, and it tells you what size turkey to buy. So, curious to find out how I did, I put in the number I'll be feeding tomorrow. Hmmm. Says I need a waaaay smaller turkey than I bought. So, I kept going.

Turns out I have exactly enough turkey to feed FIFTEEN people. To the decimal. That would be, oh...TEN more people than will be eating here...more, considering three of them are under the age of 12!

I had the giggles so bad that I had to explain why. My husband gave me the 'geez, you're weird' look, shook his head and walked away.

He just doesn't get me.

For the record, its his fault. He usually restrains my turkey purchasing issues, but this year let me loose with only Diva for protection. We grabbed the biggest turkey out of the freezer she could lift.
*blushing*

So, from our home to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!

And if you're in the neighbourhood, stop by for some turkey. We have plenty.

Stay away from the pumpkin pies though...somehow there's never too much pie.

1 comment:

smnthpt said...

LOL, some of us have learned to stick with chicken cuz you don't have to eat it for a week afterward.