Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Poised On The Edge

Ever have this feeling?

Its like standing at the very edge of a diving board. You can feel your toes curl over the edge as you stand there. Eyes closed, you inhale deeply, stretching your arms up over your head, and exhale. Inhaling again, you bend your knees in preparation for the jump...

That's where I'm at. Standing on the edge of a diving board, waiting for the whistle to send me hurtling into the air, twisting, turning, spinning. I cannot see the board, nor the pool below, waiting to receive me.

I don't know how high this board is, nor how deep the pool. It could be a board as high as the CN Tower, with only a wet sponge waiting. Or, it could be a mere curb that I'm poised to jump from.

I just don't know.

All I do know is that I'm ready, waiting for that whistle, to blindly take that plunge. Whatever it may be.

I feel poised on the edge of something, and wish, as my impatience often guides me, that it would hurry up and happen already.

I don't know if its a good or bad plunge. I just know its coming, and want to get it over with already, so I can get to whatever comes next.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yeah. way to many times..way to many times..