Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Contemplating the Future

Yes, long time no post!

There's been so much going on, I hardly know where to begin.

First off, the MPO.  Contradictory info, basically sent us back to the beginning in terms of dealing with WCB.  3 yrs in, and no further ahead.  *sigh*  In fact, they're sending me back to work, yet AGAIN the 2nd wk of August.  As per experience, I expect it to fail miserably, but have to jump through the hoop anyways.

So, what else is going on?

Well, Wolf and I are adding to the crew.  Yup.  Baby Boy Tummy is due mid Nov.  How's that for news?  Crazy, aint it?  It took us a while to get over the shock, LOL!  Kidlets are excited.  They've been to the u/s appts, and so have even gotten to see their new baby brother.

We still look at and dream about moving to an acreage.  Where, we don't know.  Originally, we were looking at one province over, due to the cheap real estate prices, ease of moving, and Wolf having cousins there.  Then we switched gears and were intent on moving back to my home province.  Weather is far better there for me, my family would be within hours driving, and some of the places are still in our budget.

Now, we're not sure anymore.  Back to considering the original plan.  Part of it is absolutely that moving across country is completely daunting.  First off, we'd have to replace our vehicle.  It just wouldn't make the trip.  Second, buying property from several provinces away is enough to freak both of us out...yet if we wait til we get there, it'll mean trying to secure a rental, and be stuck in that for a year.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  So, spending a lot of time in prayer, asking for guidance on that issue...and also that something happens soon to make it all possible.  Sooooo sick of being stuck in the city we're in.  We even considered moving to another rental, but its pretty insane here.  First of all, we'd end up paying at least as much as a mortgage, if not more.  There's no way to save $ on moving, everything we've seen is more than what we pay now.  I refuse to move and watch our rent go up by several hundred dollars.  So, we're basically stuck.

As much as there have been some changes, some up coming events, we're still in the same holding pattern we've been in for the last 3 yrs.  Blech.

On the good note, MIL isn't visiting this summer.  There's nobody willing to host her for six wks.  We can't.  Her sib in the province flat out won't.  So, we get a break.

Oh, and speaking of MIL...she threw a blue hissy fit over finding out we were expecting again.  We have no right to have another child, since we're already not living up to our responsibilities aka moving her in and taking care of her.  *sigh*  I'm back to avoiding contact with her, so as not to rip her face off over the phone.

My parents are due to land in the city in a few wks.  They'll be in town for a wk.  We'll see how that one goes.

No comments: