Sunday, May 15, 2011

Contemplation

Well, there's a lot going on Chez Stepford...or perhaps, too little, depending on how you look at it.

First, the medical panel.  Report was due to the head of the panel on Friday...so we haven't heard squat yet.  Hopefully that will change in the next 2 wks.

Even more hopefully, the medical panel will confirm what my Drs have been saying for almost 3 yrs now...which will mean an end in sight as far as Worker's Comp goes.

We're wanting, hoping, praying, needing to move.  Of course, we can't do diddly until we know whats going on with WCB.  But, in the meantime, we're still attempting to plan.

Which leads us to our 2nd bout of treading water, and "I don't know" situation.

Initially, we were planning to moving to my home province, back east across the country.  The weather is far, far better for me, my family is there for actual physical and emotional support, and we've found numerous places via real estate listings that would more than fit the bill for what we want and need. 

BUT...we don't know how long WCB is going to take, if winding up is in the cards...and moving across Canada in the winter is just a no go.

And...there's the MIL situation.  She's in her 80s, her health is failing.  Being so far from her (she lives on the west coast) means that we'd never be able to visit her.

So, we've been considering moving to the southern part of our province.  Warmer than where we are now, to be sure...not as warm as my home province.  Means ZERO support, as I'd be at least two hrs from my best friend here in the city.  I'd be more isolated than now.

And absolutely NONE of the houses we've seen online interest me in the slightest.  They all rate a 'meh'.  I *could* stand it, if I had to...but thats not exactly what I want for buying my first house.  Plus, we have zero intention of staying forever.  We'd still be looking to move east in the next 5 yrs...buying a house would simply be a better idea than continuing to pay rent.  Build credit, equity, and get out at the first chance.

Which makes me wonder, wth are we thinking?  Moving two hrs away really doesn't fix anything better than moving across country, with the sole exception of MIL.  I'd still need new Drs, involve a big move...To what actual benefit?  None, really...not for the family under my roof.

Well, that's not exactly true.  Wolf would breathe a bit easier, knowing he could be to his mother in less than a day's travel if need be.

MIL, however, has recently DEMANDED that we move near her, so she could 'move with us'.  Uh, no.  Moving in with us is not an option, period.

I'm so close to saying, "Heck with it, I'm NOT living anywhere on the basis of your mother, lets pack and go." that I could spit.  She could move if she wants, once we're settled.  Why should our lives pattern around her?!

Argh.

I want to do whats best for my family.  Praying for guidance, for direction, for solutions.

Feel free to cast a vote in the comment section!

No comments: